    I want to know what the piece looks like and where is was.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    Mark Chang, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Mark Chang

    elad elkoby Guest

    Mine just seems sealed. Nothing is visible.

    elad elkoby, Apr 3, 2004

  3. Most laptop hinges do not have any type of adjustable friction. Most
    likely, from your description, you broke something.

    Barry Watzman, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Mark Chang

    Mark Chang Guest

    That's probably true. I have been jamming pieces of paper in the gap
    to hold the panel up. Seems to work but I need new paper every time I
    open it.
    I took the panel off and looked at the hinges, nothing special about
    them, so I think there might have been a piece of plastic pushing
    against the panel from the bottom. I'm going to try to put friction
    in the hinges themselves and see if that works.
    Mark

    Mark Chang, Apr 5, 2004
  5. Try finding something like a rubber O-ring to put in there.
    You might try an electronics store that specializes in parts that
    people who fix VCR's.
    Might work.......

    Name withheld by request, Apr 5, 2004