    Replace invalid with com to reply.
    -
    Robert

    RZ, Jul 13, 2003

  2. RZ

    Gary Kato Guest

    Umm, did you look at the User Manual?? You can get it from Microchip's website.

    Gary Kato, Jul 13, 2003

  3. There are no numbers visible on it, at least without desoldering it.
    Looks like a generic COG LCD module to me.

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany

    Spehro Pefhany, Jul 13, 2003
  4. RZ

    Gary Kato Guest

    I have a PICDem2 board (Most of the PICDems seem to use 2x16 LCDs) and I can
    make out 16202 in the upper left corner.

    Gary Kato, Jul 13, 2003
  5. RZ

    RZ Guest

    It seems to be using a Hitachi HD44780 controller, which is what I needed.
    Thanks,
    -
    Robert

    RZ, Jul 13, 2003
  6. RZ

    RZ Guest

    It's not in the user's manual. At least I didn't think so. I'll take
    another look.

    website.

    RZ, Jul 13, 2003
  7. RZ

    Gary Kato Guest

    The scematic is in the User Manual.

    Gary Kato, Jul 14, 2003
  8. It is a Fuji FCS2314AK; we had to modify our standard Hitachi LCD driver
    when Microchip switched the PICDEM.net display to COG, as there was an issue
    with the characters being displayed upside down. However, the Fuji code is
    backwards-compatible with Hitachi parts.

    Jeremy Bentham
    Iosoft Ltd.
    www.iosoft.co.uk

    Jeremy Bentham, Jul 14, 2003
  9. RZ

    RZ Guest

    Also,
    I notice that the E signal to this display is RD5, which is also part of the
    data bus to the RTL8019.
    Without moving this connection to a different port pin, there's no way to
    keep the display from being corrupted.
    What is "COG"?
    -
    Robert

    RZ, Jul 14, 2003
  10. RZ

    RZ Guest

    I see, COG = Chip On Glass.

    RZ, Jul 14, 2003
  11. All the circuit diagrams I have show the LCD E signal on RA5; if it were RD5
    the LCD would be useless.
    Chip On Glass. Initially Microchip used the conventional black-framed
    Hitachi-type LCDs, then switched to the COG module when the board went
    surface-mount..

    Jeremy Bentham
    Iosoft Ltd.

    Jeremy Bentham, Jul 14, 2003
  12. RZ

    goose Guest

    can't remember what board I purchased, but the lcd was an hd44780
    (or somthing like that, just google for "hitachi hd lcd"

    hth
    goose,
    been long since I did anything with the lcd

    goose, Jul 14, 2003
  13. RZ

    carlosboyd

    Joined:
    May 18, 2022
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a problem that i can't solve. I got a PIC18F97J60 chip in my PICDEM NET 2 dev board. I used a WEBVEND demo app from microchip from the 2013MLA. I followed the steps that i found online in a presentation , and i get that result . I try to attach images from my result. I hope someone can help me. And i also attach a txt file with my code in it for the page. If you need any more information let me know.

    carlosboyd, May 18, 2022
  14. RZ

    carlosboyd

    Joined: