Leadtek 5950 Ultra and pc switch on problems

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by huLLy, Apr 18, 2004.

  1. huLLy

    huLLy Guest

    I have some problems switching on the pc from cold. The screen displays
    coloured bars, the hard disk can be heard parking and restarting etc etc..

    This goes on for about 10 minutes, then a quick push of the reset button and
    the pc boots normally.

    My thoughts are either the PSU is not able to deliver enough power when cold
    and the 5v rails are dipping, or there is a heat issue, the video card does
    seem quite loose in the AGP slot, and maybe with a bit heat makes a better
    contact?

    My pc is as below:

    Asus A7N8X
    1 gig of Kingston DDR400 PC3200 memory
    80 gig Seagate
    120 gig Western Digital
    Sony DWU10 DVD/CD burner
    Benq DVD Rom
    Leadtek 5950 Ultra
    Antec Tru Power 430W PSU
    Floppy drive with built in multicard reader
    Audigy Platinum Pro Ex Soundcard

    Anyone else have this problem?

    huLLy, Apr 18, 2004

  2. huLLy