    How reliable are the Leadtek 6600 cards. how long should i expect it
    to blow up. Not going to overclock it. Well maybe alittle.

    Thanks for any info.

    Digital Sheep, Apr 12, 2005

  2. Digital Sheep wrote:
    Its amongst the most quiet 6600GT cards around
    http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295&p=19
    You can probably (not sure) mount another cooler on it, but i doubt it will
    be relevant.
    Nope, you will have to get a capture card besides it if you need it.
    Its a good card, overclocks well too. Check some of the other pages in the
    link above.

    I did some research ont he various 6600GT cards, and found out that leadtek
    was the best buy, performs good, quiet and good price. I got thumbs up from
    here.

    Sune Storgaard, Apr 12, 2005

  3. Thanks will concider it.

    Digital Sheep, Apr 12, 2005
  4. Cheapest online is 319. My local store has it for 338 aussie Dollars.
    Factor in the postage and its about the same. 20 Bucks for postage
    from most places.

    And i have to factor in if it gos KABOOM just take it back to my local
    shop which i can walk to in ten minutes:)

    Iam turned off the MSI card. It seems to GET WAY TO HOT. never saw
    that in any of the reviews.

    Ill think ill get the leadtek tomorrow. If i can be bother getting up
    and getting it :)

    Thanks.

    Digital Sheep, Apr 12, 2005
  5. Digital Sheep

    Lord Deckard Guest

    Just need to upgrading my 9600 Pro. Realy would like a 6800 GT but my
    My 6600GT is the XFX model and although quiet-ish, the stock cooler sucked.
    I found that the springs holding the HSF on were very weak and I could drop
    the GPU temp a few degrees by pressing down on the mounts. Zalman do an
    excellent cooler for the 6600

    http://www.quietpc.com/uk/vgamb.php#vf700

    Just fitted mine and the results are excellent!! Dropped my idle temp from
    60 (I know...) to 44 and full load from 86!! down to 48. I'm currently
    twiddling around with OC'ing and I've currently got the GPU upto 1.2ghz with
    no artefacts or freezing. Memory still at stock but I will be messing around
    with that later.

    Lord Deckard.

    Lord Deckard, Apr 12, 2005
  6. Good to hear. Hope it don't explode :p

    Digital Sheep, Apr 13, 2005