    Where do i get the bois and flash tool from?

    Many thanks

    Si

    Simon Mallatratt, Nov 3, 2004

  2. Simon Mallatratt

    Rusty Guest

    Yes, but only if it is a 5900 Ultra. Most 5900's don't have the memory for
    it. A another alternative would be a modified bios file for that card,
    which will change the latency's for the card's memory and increase the
    voltage for both the gpu and the memory, which will increase the OC
    abilities of the card. Some have be able to do the flash to the 5950 and
    some have not. The best advise would be don't do it unless you really know
    what you are doing could cause some major problems. You really need to know
    how to reverse the bios update using pci video card before attempting to
    flash the 5900 to a 5950 bios.

    Rusty, Nov 3, 2004

  3. Simon Mallatratt

    Bob Guest

    Yeah, it really works. I flashed my BFG 5900 the other night and now
    it's a 5950 with different overclocking abilities than before. It does
    run faster and cooler!
    I did a search on bios flashing and Nvidia and found some useful
    sites. Bios downloads and win98 boot disks are there too. If you can
    find a bios by the same manufacturer as your card, your in business
    but only the straight 5900's work, not the XT's or SE's. Mine is a
    128mg model and works great.

    Good Luck

    Bob, Nov 4, 2004
  4. Simon Mallatratt

    Jada Guest

    Did your BFG 5900 have VIVO. If so, did that functionality still work
    after the flash to 5950? What bios did you use.

    thanks

    Jada, Nov 5, 2004