Leadtek Winfast A6600 GT problem

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by aretheia, Aug 28, 2006.

  1. aretheia

    aretheia Guest

    Hi,
    I have a problem with a Leadtek Winfast A6600GT video Board: During
    drivers install the screen goes black and no signal is received from
    the monitor [The led becomes orange]. If I reboot he computer freezes
    just after loading windows.
    My configuration is:

    PSU: 500W [connected to the Video Board regularly]
    MB: ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe, BIOS rev. 1013 [Latest]
    CPU: Athlon XP Barton 2500+
    RAM 2x512 TwinMOS DDR400.
    1x NEC DVD-RW
    1x HGST 60Gb HD

    I tried
    - latest driver from nvidia web page
    - latest driver from leadtek webpage [77.77]
    - driver from the supplied CD-ROM
    Each time on Windows fresh instalation, only installed nforce system
    drivers.
    Always with he same result

    Also tried on a different System: A7V880 with Sempron 2600+ [core
    ThoroB], Latest Forceware already installed (I installed the Card
    replacing a Gefoce4 4200TI AGP 8x). As soon as the sistem detect the
    new board and try to install drivers windows freezes an the scren goes
    blank.

    Any suggestion would be appreciated.
    Thank You very much.
    mitom

    aretheia, Aug 28, 2006

  2. aretheia

    oldwolf Guest

    Might be a silly question, But do you have the power connected to the video
    card???

    oldwolf, Aug 28, 2006

  3. aretheia

    KenP Guest

    You should run one of the cleaner programs that is around. Google
    cleaner and nvidia and you'll have a few to select from. Follow their
    instructions. You want clean installs when switching--especially nvidia
    to nvidia.

    KenP, Aug 28, 2006
  4. aretheia

    aretheia Guest

    KenP ha scritto:
    I have the problem on my system also after reinstalling windows .....
    and yes, i connected the power to the video card, I know this problem
    seem a lack of power issue, but i connected it!!!

    aretheia, Aug 28, 2006
  5. Did you try both computers on the same monitor?
    Maybe the monitor can't handle the default refresh rate and thinks it gets
    no signal, or better said: it gets a signal it doesn't understand.

    regards,
    Marcel

    Marcel Overweel, Aug 28, 2006
  6. aretheia

    KenP Guest

    Can you get windows to come up in safe mode? You can change resolution
    there to standard VGA. If your system then comes up, it has to be a
    driver problem.

    KenP, Aug 31, 2006