Leap - a better way to search organize and find files

Discussion in 'Apple' started by knobsturner, Oct 17, 2007.

  1. knobsturner

    knobsturner Guest

    Leap is a whole new way of looking for, organizing and seeing your
    files.
    http://www.ironicsoftware.com/leap/

    We wrote it because we think that the Finder and Spotlight should and
    could work much better.

    Just go to the site and download a copy. Also, there is a video so you
    can see it in action....
    http://www.ironicsoftware.com/leap/video.html

    More.....
    A more natural way.
    With Leap you find things based on your natural memory of that file.
    "Hhmm it was a big photoshop file of a basketball court" or "Something
    I tagged important" or "A word document somewhere in my documents
    folder" (feel free to substitute your own here). With the Finder
    though, it's more like "I think it might be called bball.psd and that
    I put it in the originals folder in images in the Project 29 folder
    which I think I put in Documents... nope, not there... where did I put
    it?"

    Filter by tag. Or not.

    Finally a way to quickly tag documents. Instantly call up tagged
    documents using Leap's tag cloud.

    Your results.

    Peruse found documents visually by thumbnail or using a more
    traditional list. Choose how large or small to show the documents. Add
    tags, open documents in your favourite program, email them, throw them
    out-they're at your command.
    --Tom Andersen

    knobsturner, Oct 17, 2007

  2. knobsturner

    Bob Blaylock Guest

    Why would we buy software from spammers?

    Bob Blaylock, Oct 17, 2007

  3. knobsturner

    Evan Platt Guest

    Posted through Google Groups using a gmail account.

    Fat chance in hell I'll visit that site.

    Evan Platt, Oct 17, 2007
  4. knobsturner

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    [in reference to the original posting in this thread which encouraged one to
    take a look at a Finder/Spotlight alternative named Leap]
    What I find somewhat ironic is that these usenet discussions are filled with
    personal off-topic mudslinging which doesn't evoke the kind of above response
    that a single posting suggesting one look at a website has done.

    TaliesinSoft, Oct 18, 2007
  5. knobsturner

    Guest Guest

    Serious overreaction.

    FWIW, the programs these folks are selling are (a) on topic
    inasmuch as they are mac and in particular system-tools. And
    (b) actually look very slick. Not sure I'd pay for them,
    nor have I downloaded them to try out, but I'll take 100
    folks politely mentioning on-topic producs *once* over 10
    of the dipshits who keep slinging mud and insults and
    off-topic political debate back and forth.

    Guest, Oct 18, 2007
  6. knobsturner

    knobsturner Guest

    Hi,

    I really am sorry that I posted this here. Honestly, I just worked on
    this project for a long time, then had a look at this group, thought
    that some of the people who frequent it might be as tired of the
    Finder as we are, and would like to see this.

    If I really wanted to spam this newsgroup I would

    1) Go in under a different name/email than my real one

    2) Post as if I had no connection with my company, with gushing 'I am
    a user' reports

    3) Not be on topic (usually)

    4) There would be thousands of postings about our company/product on
    the usenet

    None of 1,2,3,4 are true.

    Still, I am sorry if I bothered anyone. It looks like one person was
    really bothered!

    --Tom Andersen

    knobsturner, Oct 18, 2007