    Can anyone recommend books/tools for learning CPLD / FPGA?

    I am EE graduate(got MD degree 20 years ago!) but have not worked on
    hardware after graduate.

    yong, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Can anyone recommend books/tools for learning CPLD / FPGA?Why not just get the datasheets and app-notes from Xilinx or Altera?
    Download the free software from their websites and "learn by doing".
    That's how I did it and it was rather effective.

    Michael

    Michael Kr?mer, Apr 7, 2004

  3. yong

    Nitro Guest

    Xilinx offers a CPLD development board for about $49 with the chip, board,
    cable and software (just add batteries.) I have seen specials at times for
    a free one day class (including the board) at the local distributor in our
    area. Check the Xilinx site to find a distributor in your area and give them
    a call.

    (Other than using the chips I have no connection with Xilinx, Consider this
    the standard discalaimer...)

    Nitro, Apr 9, 2004
  4. yong

    stan Guest

    i think it's good idea to learn from app notes and data sheets.
    don't u think reviewing digital design stuff is also necessary?

    stan, Apr 9, 2004