    on the left, pls?

    also, my sweet gw ta1 has a 14" widescreen, and in landscape the surrogate
    keys are way too wide. resize bars?

    roger, Dec 29, 2005

  2. roger

    Chris H. Guest

    Not sure what you mean by "grabber" and tool set on the left, but have you
    set up your Tablet PC for left-handedness in Control Panel? Have you looked
    at the Options in the Tablet Input Panel?

    Chris H., Dec 29, 2005

  3. roger

    Roger Guest

    sorry. Grabber is the area on the far right with dimples that you click and
    drag to move the window. same func. as a title bar, but theTablet PC Input
    Panel does not have a title bar.

    Just to note what does work is the rlative arrangement of the input sel. sub
    panel and the main input sub-panel. The sub panel to choose between writing
    pad, char pad and kbd is good where it is snce we in US write left to right -
    our hand flows naturally from that selection onto the surface selected. An
    arabic would want it on the other side (i think they write right to left).

    Roger, Jan 3, 2006
  4. roger

    Chris H. Guest

    Okay, I see now. The only option (in Option with the Tablet Input Panel) is
    to move the Insert button to the left on the Settings tab. As for the width
    of the TIP when in Landscape, it sounds as if you're using the TIP in Dock
    mode where it is fixed to either the top or bottom of the screen. An Option
    is also available to Undock, so the little TIP Access or floating TIP icon
    only appears on-screen near the position of the cursor location when an
    input area becomes available. You may like that arrangement better.

    About the Tablet Input Panel itself, and the arrangement of the pad on the
    right, etc., yes, you are correct. The TIP is designed only for languages
    which write left-to-right. Arabic is not among the supported languages on a
    Tablet PC.

    Chris H., Jan 3, 2006
  5. roger

    Roger Guest

    oic. hx - the option set is different between the options within the applet,
    and the options in the Control Panel "Tablet and Pen settings". As a
    suggestion, it would be nice if the Control Panel applet had the surrogate
    options as well. thanks for pointing these out - insert on the left is
    better.

    I have a bug: Clicking Undock option closes the surrogate (Tablet PC Input
    Panel) on Gateway Model TA1/CX2610 running Table PC 2005 Version 2002 SP2)
    and clicking the checked option (Dock at top or Dock at bottom) ie.
    attempting to uncheck, does nothing. The three are acting like radio buttons.
    Help?

    Roger, Jan 3, 2006
  6. roger

    Chris H. Guest

    Use Undock mode only, Roger. You can't have both docked and undocked in the
    same session. Honestly, when you get used to using Undock, you won't go
    back to anchoring the TIP. :cool: It is just way too convenient to only have
    it be available when you really need it. :cool:

    Chris H., Jan 3, 2006