    window?

    TIA
    Russell

    R Brown, Dec 13, 2003

  2. R Brown

    Chris H. Guest

    Not at this point. This has often been requested, and I know some attempts
    were made several years back. Bill Gates (you know who he is) is a lefty.
    But, while it is fairly simple to move the scroll bar, the expenses of
    modifying all the programs (including requiring it of all third-party
    applications) far out-weighs the benefit currently.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Dec 13, 2003

  3. It's possible in OneNote.
    Henrik

    Henrik A. Jensen, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Funny; a discussion on this appears in the Pocket PC newsgroup -only
    starting a few days ago!

    "left handed lobby group"

    William Dowell

    William Dowell, Dec 13, 2003
  5. R Brown

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Dec 13, 2003
  6. I appreciate this..and as usual the economics of it is the answer!

    I don't intend on buying "Microsoft Tablet PC for Left-handed Persons 2004"
    at a premium! - ill stick with the majority package!

    William

    William Dowell, Dec 14, 2003
  7. R Brown

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Dec 14, 2003
  8. :) nice to know...Of the little use I have had with the tablet, it hasn't
    caused me too much hassle to be honest...

    LH will, from what I have understood, be more "customi[z]e-able" to the
    individual preferences.- so, yes...there is hope I guess for those who find
    it a large inconvience.

    For a start, I suspect (and hope) there will be more UI options so that
    those with disabilities find it easier to manipulate (not least that given
    ever increasing legislation re this, but it gives MS that "postive image"
    its PR teams addor. (yes, it's contreversial...but i suspect i am not far
    from the truth)

    William

    William Dowell, Dec 14, 2003
  9. What sort of options are you looking for?

    Mike Williams [MVP], Dec 14, 2003
  10. Mike,

    I personally don't have a need for anything.. I was referring to those who
    may.

    I was thinking along the lines of improved zoom functions and flexibility
    e.g. on icon size which I have already seen in alpha shots and some zoom
    which close in on a specific window's contents.

    Specifically for the tablet...perhaps a buzzing pen (like the logitch IFeel
    mouse) would help those know when options have been slected.

    I was also thinking that scroll bars could switch to a custom-set side of a
    windows for those with, for example, only one arm available (and this is
    where Lefties come into the picture: or for those who find the left hand
    easier to use).

    :)

    Thank you,
    William

    William Dowell, Dec 14, 2003
  11. Many of these sorts of things are already available in Windows and Office.
    See for example: http://www.microsoft.com/enable/

    Mike Williams [MVP], Dec 14, 2003
  12. R Brown

    R Brown Guest

    The Elevator Bar was not an issue until I made my new TabletPC my primary
    computer. I have a TC1100 and the jog switch takes care of most off my
    'left handed' scrolling, but when I need to move down a list quickly I like
    the pen and I cover the screen in the process.

    I look forward to the 'Longhorn' update coming soon.

    Russell

    R Brown, Dec 14, 2003
  13. R Brown

    terri Guest

    Just a quick note - Longhorn is an entirely new operating system and won't
    be available until probably 2006. I think you mean Lonestar as the update
    (mid-2004) but it probably won't have a lot of changes, only some
    improvements. I don't think that left-handed scrolls will be one of them.

    --
    Terri Stratton
    Microsoft Windows MVP / Tablet PC

    terri, Dec 14, 2003
  14. R Brown

    R Brown Guest

    Thanks for the correction it is all 'bull' to me.

    Russell

    R Brown, Dec 14, 2003
  15. R Brown

    Avner Ben Guest

    Russel,

    Switch to Hebrew or Arabic and you'll get what you want.

    Incidentally, you'll also have to read the rest of the Human interface
    in the selected language. It goes in the same bundle! -:)

    Avner.

    Avner Ben, Dec 16, 2003
  16. R Brown

    Tedd Riggs Guest

    Terri,
    Now I am confused....There is a Longhorn and a Lonestar ? I have heard
    plenty on Longhorn including some presentations, but nothing on Lonestar
    (sounds like a tv series)
    Is Lonestar an update to Windows XP or a new OS ? I kinda figured that the
    "in-between" OS before Longhorn might be Windows Server 2003, but with
    Tablet add-ons like Windows XP and Windows XP Tablet.
    Thanks !

    Tedd Riggs, Dec 20, 2003
  17. R Brown

    terri Guest

    Lonestar is an update to Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, due in mid-2004. It
    will add things like an improved Tablet Input Panel, better ink recognition,
    etc.

    It will free to Tablet users and won't require any new hardware.

    terri, Dec 20, 2003
  18. In Internet Explorer you can do View -> Encoding -> Right To Left document.

    This will invert the order of table cells though, but the scroll bar will
    appear on the left hand side of the screen. This may have to be done for
    embedded frames too.

    --
    J. Tennyson Einstein
    Einstein Technologies

    Add ink input to Outlook with Tablet Enhancements for Outlook! Only $19.99!
    http://www.einsteinware.com

    J. Tennyson Einstein, Dec 26, 2003