Legacy to UEFI Transition

Discussion in 'Motherboard General Discussion' started by JazzMahn, Aug 15, 2021.

1. JazzMahn

JazzMahn

I have my entire system built around Asus Components. I have a M479XTD EVO Asus Motherboard, 16 gigs of RAM, an Asus Video Card.
    When I checked about the compatibility with Windows 11 I find I have what is termed a Legacy BIOS. I have found several sites that claim that I can upgrade my Legacy BIOS to UEFI if I meet certain requirements. 1) That I am using a newer version of Windows 10 (I have the 21H version which is the newest version) 2) that I don't have more than 3 Partitions in Windows.
    I would like to hear from Asus motherboard users and support people to see if this is possible. Everything on my system is Custom built and centered around Asus components.
    Please respond and let me know if I might be able to make the necessary changes in order to convert to UEFI. I have always been an early adopter and don't like being told that my system does not have the requirements to upgrade. I have seen "Cheap" laptops that utilize UEFI Bios. What can I do???

JazzMahn, Aug 15, 2021
Ask a Question