    Legacy setting and specifically what would I loose by disabling it.

    Thanks

    Martineau Gauda

    Martineau Gauda, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Martineau Gauda

    Guest Guest

    Martineau> Hi,
    Martineau> I have been reading about possible problems with P4C800-ED if USB Legacy
    Martineau> Support is enabled in the BIOS. I am using XP Pro.

    Martineau> I now have it disabled and have USB 2.0 enabled. It is my understanding
    Martineau> that USB 2.0 is backward compatible. Is there any advantage using the BIOS
    Martineau> Legacy setting and specifically what would I loose by disabling it.

    Martineau> Thanks

    You lose support for usb keyboards on boot. Not sure about the mouse.
    Not a big deal most folks still use the ps2 port on pc's.

    Later,

    Alan

    Guest, Jan 23, 2004

  3. USB Legacy support makes USB devices accessible via BIOS calls, which
    means that USB mice and keyboards can be used like their "legacy"
    counterparts during bootup and in DOS, also booting from USB storage
    devices and using those in DOS is possible.

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Jan 23, 2004