    Revision DE.M1.04

    Dave Woolf
    (remove NOSPAM from address if replying directly)

    Dave Woolf, Sep 1, 2004

  2. On the seventh day, Dave Woolf wrote...
    If you don't have the option, you can't shut off USB legacy support. But
    rest assured, disabling it wouldn't solve any of the mysteries with Ghost
    and USB. There is a driver archive somewhere with USB drivers for DOS,
    maybe they can help you.

    If I were you, however, I would look into other cloning software. DD and
    linux is a good solution (provided you use a knoppix) or TrueImage.

    HTH

    Christian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?D=FCrrhauer?=, Sep 1, 2004

  3. There's no need for USB legacy support in notebooks. USB legacy support
    means that an USB keyboard and mouse will be used from the BIOS like legacy
    devices (PS/2). This is necessary on desktop computers to be able to use an
    USB keyboard and mouse with BIOS setup or operating systems that don't
    support USB (WindowsNT, Solaris x86, etc). A notebook has a built-in
    keyboard which is a legacy device, so there is no need for legacy support.
    For sure Your BIOS doesn't have it at all...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Sep 2, 2004