    he wants to give to his 5y/o so i'm sure lots of kids games will be put
    on it ........... but not have access to the internet ...............
    is this worth doing (expense wise) or tell him to buy a new computer??

    Coleen, Jan 15, 2006

  2. Coleen

    metronid Guest

    It will do the internet
    It should have come with a modem/sound card
    in which the modem is probably slow
    I would mget a 56K Hard ware ISA modem

    If you have a cable or DSL it will take an ethernet card

    Page loading is another thing
    You may need more memory or a added video card
    Old style PCI

    It is good enough

    A new one would be better

    If it were me
    I would box that unit up and sit on it for
    about 20 years
    I can see old computers as the future collectible

    metronid, Jan 17, 2006