    memory. Case incomplete, so pretty useless. Any interest in some of
    the parts at the cost of scrap plus shipping? A quick look tells me
    this is an early Socket 5. Let me know... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jun 21, 2009

  2. Hello Ben !

    Good to see someone is still "here". :)

    Can't think of anything I need from that. If I saw it laying somewhere I
    would pick it up, but it's not worth shipping. ( at least to me, I got about
    everything I need, until I think of something I need. )

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Jun 21, 2009

  3. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    I would never think that it makes sense to ship the case, but the
    motherboard by itself tested and working with CPU, heat sink and memory
    may be useful to someone. If not, it goes in a carton of B grade
    circuit boards worth about $1.35/lb. A grade boards have gold edge
    connectors and are worth $1.65/lb. I collect them and sell them to the
    local electronics recycler... Ben

    Ben Myers, Jun 22, 2009
  4. HI Ben !

    I agree, and I'll take it a step further.....if the case was something I or
    anyone needed, it would be very valuable. :)

    Never know when someone might need *anything*.

    see you

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Jun 22, 2009
  5. Ben Myers

    mc Guest

    Ben
    I have an old 402cd, so I could use the parts,,
    mc

    mc, Jun 29, 2009
  6. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    I need to take a few minutes to test that the motherboard still works.
    If it does, I can include a CPU and heat sink. What other parts would
    you want? ... Ben

    Ben Myers, Jun 29, 2009
  7. Ben Myers

    mc Guest

    Anything that seems to work is fine with me such as the floppy or any
    internal cards and I could use extra ram...its hard to find ram
    mc

    mc, Jun 29, 2009
  8. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    I put a CPU in the socket and the system booted right up into Windows
    95, which is on the hard drive. The system is complete with hard drive,
    floppy, and original very slow CD-ROM drive, but there is no cover for
    the desktop case. There are 2x16MB 72-pin SIMMs. The floppy drive,
    hard drive and CD-ROM drive, though all originals, are generic items
    which are a dime a dozen or even less. The motherboard is one without
    any cache memory, altho the PB600 motherboard diagram on Ray's PB site
    shows cache memory present. The stupid motherboard design has a
    soldered-on coin-type battery. Fedco sells all sorts of batteries and
    probably still has the external type that attaches to the pins shown at
    J29 in the board diagram.

    Unless you are in a nearby city, town or state, it may cost a bundle to
    ship low value parts, so I suggest you take whatever you cannot find
    locally. Which town, city, state, province, canton, county, or
    prefecture do you live in? We can figure out what is cost-effective to
    send to you. Let's take this off-line... Ben

    Ben Myers, Jun 30, 2009