    Anyone else here have this issue? I can't find any recalls for this
    part.

    Shaynelle

    Shaynelle, Mar 3, 2007

  2. Shaynelle

    Davy Guest

    Are you using the right adapter... power wise I mean, you say it's 65
    Watts which should be more than the power in Watts the laptop draws...
    you'll get this info usually in the user manual or on a label
    somewhere on the laptop.

    If the laptops more than 65 Watts then this will be the
    problem.

    It could well be just the adapter thats at fault..... usually of the
    switch-mode power supply variety so any fault within the circuitry
    could cause it to get hot.

    The only thing is to check by substituion or try the adapter on
    another machine.

    Beware...!
    If it uses a Sony battery I'd be very careful because as you may know
    Dell had an issue with them... see -:

    http://www.engadget.com/2006/08/14/dell-recalls-4-1-million-batteries/

    http://explodinglaptop.com/

    Don't want it happen to you... hence the mention.

    Davy

    Davy, Mar 5, 2007