Lenovo/IBM T43p and Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Lorenzo Sandini, Feb 2, 2007.

  1. Hello everyone,

    I bought that mouse in order to use it without having a USB receiver
    occupying the USB plug all the time. I figured it would be quite easy to
    install and configure in XP, but it was all the contrary.

    With the mouse on discoverable mode, the laptop picks it quickly and the
    mouse works ok for a few minutes, then disappears. Switching it off and
    back on usually cures the problem, but it's quite annoying. Often the
    connection stops completely (every 5 minutes or so), but is restored
    after about a minute without having to reset the mouse.

    The erratic behaviour makes it hard to use. Is there something I am
    missing in the configuration ? I have also now installed the setpoint
    software, which works like it should I think. It hasn't cured the pesky
    disconnect-reconnect problem though.

    I haven't used many buetooth devices before, just my cell phone, with
    which I haven't had problems at all. Thank you for your help.

    Lorenzo

    Lorenzo Sandini, Feb 2, 2007

  2. Lorenzo Sandini

    Quaoar Guest

    Select the properties of the Lenovo BT adapter and see if there is a
    setting for power level, and turn off anything relative to power saving
    mode.

    Have you ever connected another BT device using the same security key,
    such as your cell phone? IF so, try, if you can, selecting another key.
    "0000" seems to be default for many devices.

    If there are references to any other BT devices in the device history of
    the Lenovo, try deleting all but the mouse and see if anything improves.
    If you have connected the cell phone, remove the Lenovo from the
    phones device history also, or disable BT in the phone.

    Quaoar, Feb 2, 2007

  3. Thanks for your input. I replaced the 40 GB HDD with a 100GB and with
    this clean install the mouse works about like it should I think. Some
    short pauses now and then (a few seconds), but not too often so I guess
    I should be happy.

    Swapping the HDD was a pain though, because of the HDD
    incompatibilities. My Seagate gives me the infamous 2010 error, but goes
    on booting after a few seconds and it doesn't bother me at all.

    Lorenzo

    Lorenzo Sandini, Feb 8, 2007