    temps go over 60C!!!

    Thanks
    John

    John Mark, May 30, 2004

  2. John Mark

    Phil Weldon Guest

    The simplest, cheapest solution might be to ensure that the air entering the
    heatsink is as cool as possible, and possibly using an adaptor to increase
    the size of the CPU heatsink fan. Set up the CPU heatsink fan to blow air
    INTO the heatsink, and place a larger fan in a hole cut in the CPU case
    placed so as to blow room air directly into the heatsink fan area. Since
    you have a small form factor PC, the air inside the case is likely
    unreasonabally hot, especially with a overclocked system. Better case
    ventillation would be a good start, but getting outside air directly into
    the heatsink is even better, and my eliminated the need for a better
    heatsink (not to mention that in a small form factor PC there maybe
    resstrictions like the space available for a better CPU heatsink/fan.

    --
    Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
    For communication,

    Phil Weldon, May 30, 2004