    Anybody got any info on this?
    Any hope of recovering the system?
    Hate to see it go into the landfill.

    mike, Jul 24, 2011

  2. mike

    Pen Guest

    Pen, Jul 24, 2011

  3. mike

    mike Guest

    Thanks, not that site, but I've searched fujitsu sites
    till I'm blue in the face. This one seems to link to the
    ones I've already searched.
    Can you be more specific about how I get them to tell
    me the password for a system I can't prove I own???
    There are likely ways to do it, just need someone to tell me
    without it costing more than the system is worth...which
    is pretty near zero. I just hat to send it to the landfill
    without giving it a try.

    I'll try registering it and see where that leads.
    Thanks, mike

    mike, Jul 24, 2011
  4. mike

    Pen Guest

    See page 25 of the manual found here;
    http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com//www/content/pdf/usermanuals/eseries/rickwood2.pdf

    Pen, Jul 24, 2011
  5. mike

    mike Guest

    Thank you.
    I was googling, unsuccessfully, for a specific model number.
    Explains why my screen doesn't light up.
    The security icon is on, but not blinking.
    The manual sez it should be blinking???

    I don't have the hard drive, so even if I had the password,
    I may not be able to remove it when reloading the OS.

    Sounds like it's not worth messing with.
    Thanks, mike

    mike, Jul 25, 2011

  6. Did the previous owner not reveal the password when you purchased it? if
    not then why can't you contact them now?

    Count de Monet, Jul 25, 2011
  7. mike

    mike Guest

    I guess we could have a seance.
    You got experience contacting the dead???
    I'm up for it. Can you do it online? Or do
    we have to meet?
    Lifebook...kinda ironic, ain't it.

    mike, Jul 25, 2011
  8. Don't get defensive it might look like you have something to hide.

    Count de Monet, Jul 25, 2011
  9. mike

    mike Guest

    I was going for passive-aggressive.

    I got lots of things to hide, as do you... ;-)

    mike, Jul 25, 2011
  10. mike

    Sammy Guest

    What a bad attitude towards a constructive reply.

    I have helped people with this problem in the past but you are beyond help.

    **PLONK**

    Sammy, Jul 26, 2011
  11. G.D.T.S.
    P.O. Box 9812
    San Rafael, Ca 94912

    Such a long long time to be gone,
    such a short time to be there...

    the wharf rat, Jul 26, 2011
  12. mike

    mike Guest

    Since when is "ask the person who knows the password" a constructive
    reply? Why didn't I think of that???
    And it's always nice to be vaguely accused of something nefarious.

    Would be much easier, and just about as effective, to
    "ask the person who knows the lottery numbers"
    and use the winnings to buy a new laptop or three.

    People come here with legitimate questions and get crapped-on.
    Or better yet, "I know the answer, but I won't tell you, 'cause
    I'm acting like a five-year-old today...and it's YOUR fault."

    Lighten up!!!

    mike, Jul 26, 2011
  13. mike

    Bill Guest

    On 7/26/2011 2:07 PM, mike wrote:

    [...]
    This group appears to have an excellent useful to nonsensical
    reply ratios, better than I've seen anywhere else on usenet.

    I'm very glad you folks are here.

    Bill, Jul 26, 2011
  14. mike

    mike Guest

    I agree.
    Sometimes you gotta shake the tree a little for the fruit to come
    loose tho...

    mike, Jul 27, 2011