Line in 2/Mic in 2 and infra red remote control not working!

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by ping, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. ping

    ping Guest

    I've got a Soundblaster Live! CT4760 card and a Live! Drive IR.
    Running XP pro sp2.
    Latest drivers cleanly installed and as the title says, the line in
    2/Mic in 2 and infra red remote control are not working. The headphones
    and optical-out are fine so I know that the drive is getting power.
    I've also checked that all cables correctly connected.

    I've checked the line in/mic 2 levels in the creative mixer and in
    windows. I tried both settings for jumper JP1. I've turned the mic knob
    on the bay to max ( I get a hissing but nothing more).

    Should there be a Live Drive ir option/tab in AudioHQ or Creative
    mixer? because i don't have one.

    soundcard - drive bay compatability issue??

    Creative say of the drive bay:

    "...Compatible cards include, Sound Blaster Live! (CT4620), Sound
    Blaster Live! Platinum, MP3+ and X-Gamer (CT4760) and CT483x series."

    I have the CT4760 so thats cool....but then they say:

    "This product does not work with Sound Blaster Live! Value".

    confusing...because device manager says my CT4760 is a "Sound Blaster
    Live! Value"

    !!??

    are there two versions?

    ping, Jan 12, 2005

  2. ping

    Dave Guest

    Have you tried it with SP1 instead of SP2?

    You should have the drive listed in Audio-HQ under device controls.

    This will give such options as mute speakers when using headphones.

    Dave, Jan 14, 2005

  3. ping

    Lenny Guest

    Why would that make a difference? SP2 has nothing to do with sound, and not
    using it is just an invitation for trouble as SP2 includes many security
    fixes.

    Lenny, Jan 18, 2005
  4. ping

    Dave Guest

    Dave, Jan 18, 2005
  5. ping

    Dave Guest

    By the way,i have read on Creative's forums that the live drive stops
    working when you install SP2.

    Try it with SP1 instead,then you'll know for sure.

    Dave, Jan 18, 2005