    computer on which Linux is to be installed. PCM-5820 attracted me by
    it's comparatively low cost. Please, advice, whether this choice is
    somehow reasonable or not.

    Alexander Baranov, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Alexander Baranov

    Alex Pavloff Guest

    It and the other geode processor based SBCs aren't bad.

    They're not really suitable to real time work, as they do some rather
    bizzare things with the interrupts, and other than that, the only
    slightly tricky thing to get working is the video. There are
    framebuffer drivers available or you can use XFree86 4.3 to drive the
    video.

    Alex Pavloff, Jul 9, 2003

  3. I have never dealt with Linux, but now I have to choose single board
    It works very well. Also consider BCM EBC-3410 which is the same
    device in the same form factor, but is slightly cheaper and has two
    Ethernet ports.

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards, Jul 9, 2003