    only run a few minutes before shutting itself down. In a older PC I have (not
    sure if it supports AGP 4x) the monitor displays weird blinking colors
    and characters and the machine does not boot.

    heitkamp, Sep 12, 2004

  2. heitkamp

    Pip Guest

    No, ATI's Linux support is seriously lacking, they're pretty out of
    touch with the majority of the Linux user base IMHO. The distro I use,
    Gentoo, applies patches to the drivers before compiling if the kernel is
    a 2.6 series one. There may be an easier solution for you, depending on
    your distro.

    Now may be a good time to point out the "ATI Petition for Adequate
    Drivers in Linux" at http://www.petitiononline.com/atipet/, if anyone
    cares...

    Pip, Sep 13, 2004