    FakeAddress Guest

    Just an aside. I took an old Dell and put Mint on it (the easiest version of
    Linux) and it breathed new life into the old Dell.

    FakeAddress, May 2, 2013

  2. FakeAddress

    Bob_Villa Guest

    How old/model?

    Bob_Villa, May 2, 2013

  3. FakeAddress

    Pete Guest

    I believe (I'm at work now) it is a Precision with 1 gig memory, 40gig
    HD. It was running very slowly on XP.

    Pete, May 2, 2013
  4. FakeAddress

    Pete Guest

    I can run Thunderbird and Firefox with NO problems.

    As far as I know, there are no really super heavy programs for Linux.
    The market share is just too low.

    Pete, May 2, 2013
  5. FakeAddress

    Bob_Villa Guest

    Pete, are you the same person (OP)?

    Bob_Villa, May 2, 2013
  6. FakeAddress

    Larry Guest

    Installed it on an Inspiron 6000 laptop...wow....so much better than
    Ubuntu and much easier to use and faster than XP!

    Thanks for the tip

    Larry

    Larry, May 4, 2013
  7. FakeAddress

    Ben Myers Guest

    I regularly run new distros for purposes of testing all the lame and broken computers that show up here. I like my Mint with Cinnamon.

    Ubuntu took a big step backward with its latest user interface... Ben

    Ben Myers, May 7, 2013