    The driver in supermicro's FTP had only for RedHat 9.0. How can I
    download source code, or some patch to make the driver for Fedora or
    the other Linux.

    CalBEE, May 28, 2004

  2. I'm not the OP, but I have the same motherboard. I tried setting up
    Fedora Linux on it, but it could not detect the Marvell controller
    into which we have two drives plugged.

    It seems there might not be drivers available. I noticed there are
    two other SATA ports on the motherboard. What controller controls
    those? Just the main Intel one? Could I plug the drives into that
    one and have the O/S detect them then?

    Thanks,
    Moshe

    Moshe Jacobson, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Actually, let me verify. The manual says it's a Marvell 88SX5040 but
    it comes up with Adaptec firmware, calling it a HostRAID 1230XA. Is
    the manual correct?

    Moshe

    Moshe Jacobson, Jun 2, 2004