    [FENIX] Guest

    Are there any liquid cooling systems that can be installed to a Dell
    Dimension 3000?

    [FENIX], Feb 21, 2006

  2. [FENIX]

    Tom Scales Guest

    Good grief why? I have to believe it would cost more than the PC

    Tom Scales, Feb 21, 2006

  3. [FENIX]

    S.Lewis Guest

    I'm glad you said that. I began to post it but then deleted it.

    It can't be heat, so it must be noise. But there are better solutions for
    that than liquid cooling.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 21, 2006
  4. [FENIX]

    P Ruetz Guest

    My wife has one and it is pretty quiet. A few rattles needed to be dealt
    with but nothing related to the fans.

    Peter

    P Ruetz, Feb 22, 2006
  5. [FENIX]

    [FENIX] Guest

    I was looking at the liquid cooling system as an alternative.

    My fan makes too much noise. Why? I really don't know. I cleaned all
    the dust out of the inside of the tower, the cooling fan, prosessor
    etc... . The fan fits perfectly on the tower mount yet it makes some
    crazy noises.

    I tried searching for computer fans on Dell.com but no luck. Too bad I
    can't just buy any fan and installed on this pc.

    Another thing that worries me is the fact that temperature sensor reads
    46 °C (115 °F) Is this normal or do I just happen to have a faulty
    fan?

    NOTE: I got this reading from EVEREST Home Edition

    [FENIX], Feb 22, 2006
  6. [FENIX]

    S.Lewis Guest

    I was looking at the liquid cooling system as an alternative.

    My fan makes too much noise. Why? I really don't know. I cleaned all
    the dust out of the inside of the tower, the cooling fan, prosessor
    etc... . The fan fits perfectly on the tower mount yet it makes some
    crazy noises.

    I tried searching for computer fans on Dell.com but no luck. Too bad I
    can't just buy any fan and installed on this pc.

    Another thing that worries me is the fact that temperature sensor reads
    46 °C (115 °F) Is this normal or do I just happen to have a faulty
    fan?

    NOTE: I got this reading from EVEREST Home Edition

    (snip)

    With regard to the temperatures, I wouldn't be alarmed for (2) reasons:

    1) Software temp indicators are generally not very reliable in my
    experience. My ASUS software monitor was usually a full 10 F warmer than
    the actual temps shown within BIOS on the board and chip.

    2) Even if that software reading is correct, it's a freakin Prescott chip
    unless it's a Celeron. They run hot. Much hotter than the earlier
    Northwoods. Additionally, if you actually *had* a thermal problem, you'd
    know it. There'd be no guessing. It would crash (completely shut down)
    frequently and produce subsequent thermal error messages.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 22, 2006
  7. [FENIX]

    User N Guest

    Does the Dimension 3000 support CPU temp monitoring? My guess
    was that is actually a moderately warm (don't worry) HD temp.

    User N, Feb 22, 2006
  8. [FENIX]

    S.Lewis Guest

    I was looking at the liquid cooling system as an alternative.

    My fan makes too much noise. Why? I really don't know. I cleaned all
    the dust out of the inside of the tower, the cooling fan, prosessor
    etc... . The fan fits perfectly on the tower mount yet it makes some
    crazy noises.

    I tried searching for computer fans on Dell.com but no luck. Too bad I
    can't just buy any fan and installed on this pc.

    (snip)

    Try the simplest and easiest thing first. Call Dell spare parts and order a
    new fan:

    1-800-357-3355

    Probably $20 or less. Do that and if you still think it's too noisy, post
    back.......

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Feb 22, 2006