Liquid cooling.. the best of the best?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by FrobinRobin, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. FrobinRobin

    FrobinRobin Guest

    I'm looking to purchase a liquid cooler, does anyone have any good
    recommendations?

    Here is my set up:
    Asus SK8V & AMD FX51
    2X 512 Infiniteon DDR 266 ECC REG (they were free)
    1 x seagate barracuda SATA drives (gonna be two soon)
    nVidia 4600 Ti
    Akasa 480w PSU

    At the moment its running 210 x 11 @1.60v (2319Ghz) and I'm sure it
    will go up as long as I get some decent cooling - my temps with just
    the single stock fan are 47c idle and 60c max load.
    I've no other fan at all! I just leave the case side open.

    Who can recommend a manufacturer / model ? does anyone know things I
    should be avoiding?
    I really dont want anything external (i.e. the Thermaltake Aquarius 3
    has a huge external radiator - not what I want!!)
    Is liquid cooling goin to be MUCH more beneficial than a Fan / exhaust
    when O/C?

    comments really appreciated!

    FrobinRobin, Jun 15, 2004

  2. FrobinRobin

    Josef Varela Guest

    If you are looking for the best, buy an Asetek VapoChill XE

    Josef Varela, Jun 15, 2004

  3. FrobinRobin

    CoCo Guest

    hi

    you will gain some but will require more work to have it than aircooling.

    i use a hydor pump and cpu/gpu block from swifttech, cooled by two hardware
    labs extreme II radiatorn mounted outside the case. go for ½" id things, not
    any smaller!

    coco

    CoCo, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Check out the forums at www.procooling.com. Should get some good advice
    there. www.Overclockers.com has some good guides on watercooling.
    Basically research, research, research before you start. Get an idea of
    what you want to cool, CPU? CPU & More (GPU/NB/HDDs)?

    Christopher Rawlison, Jun 15, 2004
  5. FrobinRobin

    FrobinRobin Guest

    That Asetek XE aint bad.. but the Zalman TNN500A seems much better
    (its heat pipe exhaust cooling - silent!) for around £100 more.

    I'm going to investigate heat pipe cooling ... I want to cool my CPU,
    chipset, maybe GPU (Nvidia GeForce 4600ti - not tried O/C it yet - any
    comments appreciated!) and definitely heatpipe cooling for the HDD's.

    There are so many options.. I'm trying to put my system together so I
    dont need to buy too many parts when I upgrade my cpu / mobo next
    time.

    So case / cooling / ram / PSU need to be decent.

    read & read..read & read..read & read..read & read..
    - its all good fun!

    FrobinRobin, Jun 16, 2004