    The model number on the drive is LSC-24082K. Anyone get this working
    in a Solo 2150 1.5? Does the bezel have to be removed and replaced?
    Any other problems you've encountered?

    Eran Ludvick, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Eran Ludvick

    arnb Guest

    Well not on a Gateway but I installed it into a a Dell Inspiron 7000 vintage
    300mhz laptop. Initially I could not boot from CD drive although it worked fine
    in Windows, and needed to get a program from Liteon
    mailto: to set the software jumper making the drive
    Master or Cable Select, it arrives set as Slave. If the Gateway will boot the CD
    from Slave then you don't need to do this. However if you do need to reset the
    drive, you will also probably need to have your BIOS "see" the new drive by
    going into the bios setup and select exit & save settings even though you didn't
    change anything.

    It's also a good idea to install the latest firmware, running JK0N here. They do
    not list the 24082K but the 24082KX works correctly.
    http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/English/e_downloads/e_firmware_combo.asp

    If you know how to change the bezel, please post it here.

    Arn

    arnb, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Eran Ludvick

    Eran Ludvick Guest

    Haha..I was hoping you'd tell me! I'm pretty desperate right now to
    get this barebones CD-ROM out of my system and am almost ready to just
    go ahead and purchase it whether it fits perfectly or not. I wish I
    could help you, but I'm not at all familiar with the Dell laptops.
    Sorry. :-( You could try this link, they may be able to help you far
    more than I could at this point:

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=insp_cdrom

    I was aware of the Slave/Master/Cable select issue so I really wasn't
    worried that it *wouldn't* work necessarily. But thanks for the
    links!

    How does it look in your Inspiron? How does the bezel fit/flush with
    your system I mean. Is it protruding out or not a perfect fit in some
    way?

    Finally, could I ask a favor of you? Could you give me the height and
    length dimensions of the bezel on the Liteon drive in millimeters? I
    want to know how well it will fit inside my system.

    -Eran

    Eran Ludvick, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Eran Ludvick

    arnb Guest

    Bezel measures 12 X 127mm (assuming this inches centric person properly read the
    metric ruler)
    It's fits flush with the side of my computer, a tad short on the door length,
    the oem was 12 X 131mm. The Liteon is a bit tight, sometimes sticking on eject.
    Looks: not that important to me, but the black color matches the oem here. I've
    removed and replaced a few laptop Cd drives and they all seem to have the same
    dimensions except for length and sometimes shape of the bezel.

    Thanks for the link to the Dell forum, didn't know about that one.

    Arn

    arnb, Apr 27, 2004
  5. Eran Ludvick

    Eran Ludvick Guest

    Thanks for the measurements! Does the Liteon's bezel seem difficult
    to remove? I know my stock CD-ROM's doesn't seem as though it will
    come off without breaking.
    I'm not really concerned with how it looks either, just so long as it
    works as its supposed to and doesn't protrude too far out of the
    casing.
    No problem at all. Actually, here's a couple more I came across:

    http://www.rogerhenson.com/cd-rom-dvd.php <-- Look for the forum link
    or
    http://www.voy.com/111802/

    There might very well be other laptop forums out there. I thought the
    usenet forums would be alot busier, but I guess the laptop to desktop
    ratio isn't as high as I thought it was. Or maybe my usenet provider
    has far less than a full grab of the group. Oh well.

    Thanks again for all the help.

    Eran Ludvick, Apr 27, 2004
  6. Eran Ludvick

    arnb Guest

    We are both equally competent and capable of changing the bezel, and like you I
    stopped prior to creating a bunch of random shaped plastic pieces.

    You are most welcome

    Arn

    arnb, Apr 28, 2004