    Model Number: CT 4830
    Graphics/Video Card: ATI All-in-wonder Pro 128 AGP
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-6VXE7+ (VIA 693A AGPset)

    Moe, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Moe

    Shep© Guest

    On 29 Sep 2003 06:50:55 -0700, In this world we created
    The only time I've had this it was the actual PCI card's contacts that
    were dirty and the card was not inserted fully.clean contacts with
    clear alcohol and dry with clean tissue or you cas use a rubber
    eraser.
    HTH

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in jmx to reply :)

    Shep©, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Moe

    Stratman Guest

    Visit the Creative website www.creative.com support/drivers and there
    you will find the Unified Drivers which will, so Creative say, address an
    incompatibility with Win2k. Beware though, the download is over 27MB!

    Stratman, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Moe

    Moe Guest

    Thanks Shep, but card contacts are clean and I have already tried all
    the PCI slots. It also works fine with 98 SE.

    Do you think I should get it drunk to loosen up? :)

    -Moe

    Moe, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Moe

    Moe Guest

    If it is the 23.32MB LiveDrvUni-Pack(Eng).exe driver you mean Stratman
    then it does not work either. It does not even install because it says
    no sound card is detected :)

    I copied the temp files it unpacks before it starts istallation and
    tried to update the drivers manually, but that didn't work too.

    Thanks anyway,

    -Moe

    Moe, Oct 2, 2003
  6. Moe

    Shep© Guest

    On 2 Oct 2003 05:02:57 -0700, In this world we created
    Works for me.Nyak Nyak :D
    Can you try the card in another system to make sure the card's not
    dead?

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in jmx to reply :)

    Shep©, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Moe

    Shep© Guest

    Shep©, Oct 2, 2003
  8. Moe

    Moe Guest

    It works with 98 SE. I guess it should work with 2K too. I've also
    removed and updates via's 4 in 1 drivers and the BIOS. I guess it just
    wouldn't work.

    Any suggestions for a good replacement card? I'm afraid that Audigy
    would give me the same problem after the honeymoon is over.

    Thanks Shep.

    -Moe

    Moe, Oct 4, 2003
  9. Moe

    Shep© Guest

    On 4 Oct 2003 11:17:15 -0700, In this world we created
    Try on your mother board makers news group to see if some one know a
    win2K fix?
    There are groups for ECS/Abit/Asus etc

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,