    machine if one forgets their pword. Tried it doesn't work however I may
    not have the correct card as it may go to one of the the other 5
    notebooks that we bot. Anybody know the remedy?? JRC

    JRC, Jan 11, 2005

  2. JRC

    Woody Guest

    You have a number of options. I did a google search on' remove bios password
    travelmate 290' and came up with a number of answers that you could search
    thru and apply. One was on a 280 where there was a switch bank under the
    memory somewhere and turning on sw6 and booting reset bios to factory. Go
    thru some of the answers and try them on your laptop. I couldn't find a
    service manual on the Acer site. You could check with the dealer that sold
    you the computers or look for an Acer repair shop near you. You could also
    call Acer service....

    Woody, Jan 11, 2005

  3. JRC

    Woody Guest

    Also check for a software manual on one of the other computers that may give
    information on switch bank or removing the password.

    Woody, Jan 11, 2005
  4. JRC

    bobb Guest

    Talk to your IT guys, or your maintenance organization.

    U bought the hardware with some sort of maintenance options right?

    bobb, Jan 11, 2005
  5. JRC

    Quaoar Guest

    Take the employee to small claims court for the value of the laptop.

    Quaoar, Jan 11, 2005
  6. JRC

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Contact Acer if you have the purchase invoice with the serial number.

    Paul Rubin, Jan 11, 2005