    longer then my current project.

    Thanks for any help
    Bob

    Bob Huish, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Bob Huish

    Morris Dovey Guest

    Bob...

    I bought one of these and like it:

    http://www.rockylogic.com/products/ant8.html

    Morris Dovey, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Bob Huish

    CBarn24050 Guest

    Unfortunatly that device doesn't meet the op's spec. Hears another 1 that
    doesn't, try and find a thurlby LA160, they come up on ebay every now and again
    around $50, only 20MHz, 2k samples but 16 channels.

    CBarn24050, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Bob Huish

    CoinMyster Guest

    Why not get an older logic analyzer off ebay or www.govliquidation for
    peanuts ($100).
    Something like a 1630D would do nicely.

    CoinMyster, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Bob Huish

    Rich Webb Guest

    There's this http://www.linkinstruments.com/lapar.htm but it's out of
    the price range. Bound to be some used ones out there, though.

    I have one of their LA-4000 series hanging off a USB port. Even though
    we have a couple of HP logic analyzers around the lab, I usually use the
    LA-4540. Does what I need and it's really handy to be able to print to a
    network printer or do a screen capture to attach to an e-mail. Also one
    less big box to try to cram onto an already crowded workbench.

    Rich Webb, Dec 7, 2003
  6. Don't.

    A logic analyzer is a precision measuring instrument. It is hard enough to get
    one channel clean and calibrated, to the point that what you see on the screen
    is an accurate representation of what is happening at the probe tip. To do an
    8-channel logic analyzer, you have to get 8 channels clean, calibrated, and
    CONSISTENT, so that what you see on the screen accurately represents what is
    happening SIMULTANEOUSLY at ALL 8 probe tips.

    John R. Strohm, Dec 7, 2003
  7. Bob Huish

    Bob Huish Guest

    Thanks for the help!

    I will look at the ant8 and ebay.
    I did find one that looked good, till I looked at the buffer, it was 128
    bytes.

    Bob

    Bob Huish, Dec 7, 2003
  8. Bob Huish