Logitech cordless optical mouse intermittently working...

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Kevin, Nov 15, 2003.

  1. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Hi all,

    Have received a Dell supplied Logitech Cordless Access Duo Optical (RF) with
    the M-RR67A cordless optical RF mouse...

    Have a problem where at least every second boot.... the mouse does not work.
    The cordless keyboard works fine every time... but the mouse... I have to
    use keyboard shortcuts to 'suspend' the system and wake it back up and 80%
    of the time the mouse will start working. The remaining 20% is split
    between the LMxxxxx.dll mouse driver causing a BSOD or the mouse remains
    inoperable.

    Since I have a system with a Serial ATA RAID1 array.... with the no floppy
    option... I am loath to do a re-format and install. (The RAID controller
    drivers came on a floppy ! :) )

    Does anybody else have problems with this keyboard / mouse combo ?

    Second question... if I burned the files from the Raid controller floppy to
    CDROM can I use this when prompted for drivers for a raid controller when
    installing Windowz ?

    TIA

    Kevin

    Kevin, Nov 15, 2003

  2. wireless mice can be problematic. the two most common solutions are
    installing fresh batteries and moving the rf receiver closer to the mouse.
    i find that the receiver works best when set on end (on the small flat end
    not the large flat end). if you look on the bottom of the mouse you will
    see a reset button... pressing this should reinitiate communications.

    Christopher Muto, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Thank you Christopher,

    I have tried both suggested solutions and neither have alleviated the
    problem...

    I have had more BSOD caused by the mouse driver... a file LMouflt2.sys
    causing a STOP condition..... Address F79A514D base at F79A1000, datestamp
    3F007fae.

    I think I will try a reformat and re-install and run for a while with a
    clean install of Windowz and the keyboard / mouse driver... if problems
    persist then I can blame the keyboard / mouse / drivers.

    Thanks for your help,
    Regards
    Kevin

    Kevin, Nov 15, 2003
  4. logitech has some troubleshooting tips on their site...
    in addition to the battery and relocation of the receiver try this: if your
    mouse is connected to the usb port then simply try to unplug it wait few
    moments and plug it back in. i have seen usb connected mice behave sluggish
    on some systems, and the simple solution for them is to connect them to the
    ps/2 port (when the power is off) if your mouse came with the adapter that
    allows you to do this. then again, it may just be that something else in the
    area in interfering with it... or it just may be defective. can you try it
    on another computer? you do not need to install the drivers for it to work.
    the drivers just provide the battery monitor software and some alternate
    mouse pointer (and some advertising for logitech)...

    Christopher Muto, Nov 16, 2003