Looking at Cygnal 8051 micro. Is it easy to get started with?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Morten, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Morten

    Morten Guest

    Hi,

    I have been looking at the Cygnal 8051 (C8051F000). It has 8 Adc, 2 dac, 5
    PWM modules plus it has 32k flash ram.
    It all looks good to me :)

    To get started with the C8051F000 I was thinking of using the C8051F000DK
    development kit.

    http://www.silabs.com/products/microcontroller/C8051F000DK.asp

    Now the questions:
    Is it easy to get started with the C8051F000DK development kit?
    Can a noob setup the blinky program in 10 min? (I have been
    using keil development programs before)
    Does it have good example programs, (like blinky)?
    Anyone know where to download example programs?

    Hope someone can help me out.

    Morten, Feb 10, 2004

  2. You will like the JTAG programming and debugging. I wish all micros had
    this.
    Good choice.
    I don't know about 10 minutes but it shouldn't take too long.
    I believe it does have some such demo.

    Mark A. Odell, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Morten

    Bob Stephens Guest

    Check out www.cygnal.com applications area, there are lots of examples.
    Blinky comes with the development board/kit.

    Bob

    Bob Stephens, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Morten

    Morten Guest