Looking for a board with following caracteristics...

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Guillaume Chevillot, May 10, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I'm looking for an embedded board with these minimum caracteristics :
    - maximum size 150x150mm
    - low consumption : less than 1A with a 5-7V power supply
    - one (or more) i2C link
    - a free RTOS running on with free tools (to compile, download, ...)
    eCos would be the better.
    - one usable (not only for programming) RS232 link with a DB9 connector

    A do not need a powerfull CPU, a 20MHz microcontrolers with two or three
    timers, 512Ko flash and RAM should be enough.

    I only found :
    - small, with OS and hardware but power conumming and high frequency
    - OS, hardware, low consumption but really big board
    - small, low consumption, hardware required but no free RTOS
    - small, low consumtion, OS but without the required hardware
    (may be the better solution because I can propably create the
    hardware with a bit of electronics)

    Eventually, if someone know a board that fill these caracteristics...

    Thanks,
    Guillaume

    Guillaume Chevillot, May 10, 2007

  2. http://www.acmesystems.it/

    Edwin van den Oetelaar, May 10, 2007

  3. Maybe you can use the new AVR32 gateway @ $69 single qty.
    Not 100% sure about the size, but it should be close...

    There should be both eCos and FreeRTOS for the AVR32
    and if you run it at low frequency you should get good
    power consumption.
    It of course have a lot of other goodies and more
    memory which you do not need.

    If you can build your own H/W, then the AVR32 uC3000 should
    give you even better power consumption.

    Ulf Samuelsson, May 11, 2007
  4. Maybe you can use the new AVR32 gateway @ $69 single qty.
    I remember, i had a look to AVR32. I think it should fit my needs, i had
    just few problem to see how order it. (my needs are for personnal
    purpose not for my work)

    I will closer to it.

    Thanks for your help

    Guillaume Chevillot, May 14, 2007