Looking for a Full Tower Case Front and rear 120mm Fans Any good ones ?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Scott Backular, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. Hard to find :(

    Scott Backular, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Scott Backular

    Wildman Guest

    Out of curiosity, why do you need a 120mm exhaust? Dual, high output 80mm
    fans should do just as well.

    Wildman, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Scott Backular

    Diskhead Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:43:10 -0500, "Wildman" <[email protected] for
    Probably because one 120mm is quieter.

    Diskhead, Jun 25, 2004
  4. Scott Backular

    Ken Guest

    Yes. Bigger fan can move more air quieter.

    Ken, Jun 25, 2004
  5. Scott Backular

    Wildman Guest

    True but there are some really quiet high output 80mm fans out there. I have
    dual 80mm Aerocools that each move 38CFM at 26dB.

    Wildman, Jun 25, 2004
  6. Scott Backular

    Diskhead Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:59:44 -0500, "Wildman" <[email protected] for
    Is that the same Aerocool fans they use on the Vantec Aerocool HSF? If
    so, I have one of those and they are not quiet. In fact I was so
    pissed at the noise it made that I took it off and went back to using
    the stock Intel HSF.

    Diskhead, Jun 26, 2004
  7. Scott Backular

    Gareth Jones Guest

    While 26db isn't jet engine like ...... I wouldn't say they were quiet
    either.
    My personal opinion is that you need to be looking at under 20 ... and
    then you might have to put a fan controller on to slow them down a
    little!

    Depends how silent you want them. Now I've 'done' our home office
    machines, all I hear in other places is bloody irritating fan whine !!!!

    followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
    followed by 'net'

    Gareth Jones, Jun 26, 2004
  8. Scott Backular

    Les Guest

    Coolermaster Stacker has 120mm slots front and back. Also has 120mm fan slot
    on case side, and space for psu at the bottom and top of the case!

    http://tinyurl.com/2t6sm
    --
    Les
    AMD64 3200+

    Les, Jun 26, 2004
  9. You should find a number of "server" cases with 120mm fans front and back. Freeway
    Design has a nice one in aluminum.

    George Pontis, Jun 26, 2004
  10. Scott Backular

    3_D Guest

    Antec P160 Aluminum case has front and rear 120mm fans. This one of the
    cases I have. Very light, well thought out ans quiet case.
    They also have a mid-tower case called the Sonata that is not aluminum but
    has front/rear 120mm fans.

    3_D, Jun 27, 2004
  11. Scott Backular

    Gareth Jones Guest

    We've got one. Its ok, but pretty expensive considering no PSU also, I'd
    say there were a few issues that they have NOT thought about like not
    being able to mount drives with SATA converters and poor card slot
    mountings.

    Compucase do some that also have 120mm fans, a quiet PSU, really nice
    layout and 2/3 the price of the Antec and that's INC a pretty quiet
    PSU!!

    The Antec does look nice though ;-)

    Gareth Jones, Jun 27, 2004