    good system maintenance utility would be appreciated too.

    Thanks!

    John

    John Blaustein, Jul 2, 2004

  2. John Blaustein

    peter Guest

    VCom System Suite 5 has saved my bacon a few times and runs flawlessly on my
    A7N8 Del with XP.
    peter

    peter, Jul 2, 2004

  3. John Blaustein

    Navid Guest

    Have a look at jv16 PowerTools and see if it does what you need.
    http://www.oldversion.com/

    Navid, Jul 2, 2004
  4. John Blaustein

    Tyrs4u Guest

    I Personally use RegScrub XP & Registry Mechanic 3.0 ......

    Tyrs4u, Jul 2, 2004
  5. John Blaustein

    Doug Ramage Guest

    I use the Registry cleaner in System Mechanic - not free, though.

    http://www.iolo.com/

    Doug Ramage, Jul 2, 2004
  6. John Blaustein

    Doug Ramage, Jul 2, 2004
  7. Thanks guys... I'll look at all the choices.

    John

    John Blaustein, Jul 2, 2004
  8. John Blaustein

    Kylesb Guest

    | VCom System Suite 5 has saved my bacon a few times and runs
    flawlessly on my
    | A7N8 Del with XP.
    | peter
    | | > I know this is somewhat off topic, but many of the "locals" here
    seem very
    | > knowledgeable, so I thought I'd ask:
    | >
    | > Does anyone have a recommendation for a good utility to scan and
    clean the
    | > XP registry, preferably a free utility? Any other recommendations
    for a
    | > good system maintenance utility would be appreciated too.
    | >
    | > Thanks!
    | >
    | > John

    And, you can pickup ver 4 of System Suite on Ebay for a song, and it
    includes powerdesk, the best file manager/viewer around. I paid $5
    for my copy of ver4 of System Suite.

    Kylesb, Jul 2, 2004
  9. Great idea, Kyle!

    Do you think version 4 is as good as version 5 of System Suite?

    I've been using PowerDeskPro 5.0 (and earlier versions) for years and I
    agree it's the best. I couldn't live without it. In fact, when I reinstall
    Windows, it's the first thing I load.

    John

    John Blaustein, Jul 2, 2004
  10. John Blaustein

    jk Guest

    i'd recommend regvac and registry healer both pretty safe

    jk, Jul 2, 2004
  11. John Blaustein

    Kylesb Guest

    From what I've read, there is little if any difference between ver 4
    and 5, except maybe newer virus scan signature files, but I don't use
    the virus scanner. I'm also a PD user from way back, when I first
    read a review in winmag of PD. I recall reading a review of System
    Suite ver 5 and the comment was: not much new in this version. Ver 4
    works nicely for me on win2k, but frankly, I don't use it much, I
    bought the package to get PD Pro and the file viewer capabilities,
    hehe.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kylesb, Jul 3, 2004
  12. Kyle,

    I recently contacted v-com's tech support to ask if there was a way to move
    PD settings from one PC to another. There isn't, but the guy said a new
    version of PD is on the way shortly. I can't imagine what more it could do,
    but I'll certainly look closely at it.

    I'll look at v4 of System Suite. I use AVG for AV, so I wouldn't need that
    either.

    John

    John Blaustein, Jul 3, 2004
  13. John Blaustein

    Don Burnette Guest

    I use the it as well, I have never had a problem with it to date.

    Don Burnette, Jul 3, 2004
  14. John Blaustein

    Mary Guest

    Mary, Jul 4, 2004
  15. John Blaustein

    Rob Guest

    crap cleaner (freeware)

    http://www.ccleaner.com/

    Rob

    Rob, Jul 25, 2004
  16. John Blaustein, Jul 25, 2004
  17. John Blaustein

    Tocapet Guest

    Tune Up Utilities2004. Free download, 30-day free trial or something like
    that. Not crippled. U should be able to get everything set up good by the
    time the trial runs out.

    Tocapet, Jul 26, 2004