    good fan that is really quiet?

    thanks!
    James

    James, Aug 31, 2003

  2. James

    Alan Guest

    Go to a Heatsink fan that has an RPM under 4000. I use the standard AMD
    that comes with the Barton2500, and I see they are using the same on recent
    shipments of the XP2000 Model 8. The recent heatsink is more rectangular
    than the older heatsinks which were square, and has a triple clip on both
    sides. It runs real quiet (3800 rpm) and my temps are 39C (idle).

    Look to Vantec Stealth fans for the front of your case, they are quiet and
    efficient.

    I also use a Dr Thermal, (another computer) but I find the 5000 fan a more
    noise than the AMD.

    Hope this helps,

    Alan

    Alan, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Not a problem. Vantec CM7040. Tom's Hardware did a roundup of a lot
    of coolers for Athlon XP cpus--there were some cooler than the Vantec,
    some quieter--but NONE close for the combination of cool and quiet.

    Several regulars in this group use that cooler, and they're all quite
    impressed.

    --
    -denny-

    Some people are offence kleptomaniacs -- whenever they see
    an offence that isn't nailed down, they take it ;-)
    --David C. Pugh, in alt.callahans

    Denny Wheeler, Sep 1, 2003