    Anyone know of such a device?

    Thanks,
    R. Main.

    RM, Apr 25, 2004

  2. While EZUSB itself isn't flash-based, you can add a serial EEPROM for
    about $0.50 which provides this capability.

    Jake Janovetz, Apr 26, 2004

  3. RM

    rickman Guest

    The only MCU I have seen that includes any sort of PLD is the new Analog
    devices ARM7 parts. I don't know if they have a USB version, but I
    belive they have some 8 or more pins that can be driven by a PLD. Other
    than that, you would be looking at one of the FPGA/MCU combined devices
    like the Atmel SLIC or the Tricend devices at a *MUCH* higher price
    point and I don't think either of them are USB capable.

    --

    Rick "rickman" Collins

    removed.

    4 King Ave 301-682-7772 Voice
    Frederick, MD 21701-3110 301-682-7666 FAX

    rickman, Apr 26, 2004
  4. The uPSD devices from STm come close - they have CPLDs, currently 16
    macrocells, and I think a 32 MC one is comming.
    The new ARM7s from ADI also have a simple Prog.logic fabric, but that
    is not a full CPLD but is interfaced via some IO mapping registers.
    I think their target use is very simple logic, like Quadrature and
    PWM deadband, and fast protection etc. Looks a good idea.
    -jg

    Jim Granville, Apr 26, 2004
  5. What is the problems with an external CPLD?
    What do you want to implemente there?
    The AT89C5131/AT89C5132/AT89C51SND1 will do everything else.

    Ulf Samuelsson, Apr 27, 2004
  6. RM

    RM Guest

    Thanks, Ulf (and other responders)

    I have been converging toward your suggestion, as there is no "clean"
    single-chip solution, and there is a definite advantage to keeping the
    programmable logic 'pristine', so that you can use commonly available
    development tools.

    I was aware of some other 'c51 USB micros, but not those from Atmel you
    mention above - they look like they could be a good solution, coupled with a
    separate programmable logic part.

    Cheers,
    R. Main.

    RM, Apr 28, 2004
  7. RM

    nappy Guest

    Look at the STMicro parts.. the 242 part has a 4 clock 8051. The up coming
    243 part has a 1 clock 51.

    nappy, Apr 30, 2004
  8. RM

    nappy Guest

    The SMSC part is the 243. I have been looking at so many parts lately I am
    going blind.

    go to www.smsc.com

    nappy, Apr 30, 2004
  9. Is the smsc '243 going to be FLASH based ?
    -jg

    Jim Granville, Apr 30, 2004