looking for advices for buying a laptop (detailed)

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by MadMage, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. MadMage

    MadMage Guest

    hi everyone... i'm planning to buy a laptop

    it should have:
    processor clock > 2 GHz
    ram >= 256 MB
    hard disk >= 40 GB
    a good graphic card (1)
    an infrared adapter
    a cd-rw and dvd-r
    a lan 10/100

    but, above all, it has to cost no more than 1300 euros (ok, i can go
    to 1400, but not more)

    (1) i think it can be an ati mobility or nvidia geforce go, it need to
    be 3d accelerated and fast enough to run videos and 3d models... i'm
    not an architect, i just want to run smoothly some ia/robotic
    simulation... i think they are a lot simpler than a full-of-fx game of
    today... oh well, if i can play too it will be better :-D

    i have to use it to
    - navigate www
    - use office apps
    - compile c/c++ programs, run java apps, python, and so on
    - view videos
    - run both win2k and linux (mandrake)
    - other things that don't require much performances

    i'm thinking about Toshiba Satellite A60-332... what do you think?

    MadMage, Jun 3, 2004

  2. MadMage

    Papa Guest

    I suggest you read the reviews for those laptops that meet the requirements
    you described. Opinions you may receive here may not be well founded in
    facts.

    Papa, Jun 5, 2004

  3. MadMage

    MadMage Guest

    where can i find the reviews for those laptops?

    MadMage, Jun 6, 2004
  4. MadMage

    Papa Guest

    Use your Google search engine.