Looking for ARM eval board and JTAG debugger recommendations

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Neil Bradley, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. Neil Bradley

    Neil Bradley Guest

    I'm looking for recommendations on a good eval board containing an ARM based
    CPU with the following qualifications:

    * Onboard flash nice but not necessary (256K would be good)
    * Onboard RAM 128K or greater
    * *NOT* BGA
    * ARM7TDMI (or compatible) ARM core
    * >= 40Mhz operational rate
    * Plenty of GPIO would be nice but not necessary
    * 3 (or more) Timers

    So far the EB-40A from Atmel looks pretty good as does the Atmel AT91R40008,
    but I'd like to explore alternatives if anyone has specific recommendations.

    Also, I'd like a hardware JTAG debugger for ARM (ARM-20 interface I
    believe). It'd be nice if it spoke Angel so it worked with the ARM SDT 2.51.
    I'll also consider others that work with GDB and the ARM port of gcc.

    Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    -->Neil

    Neil Bradley, Aug 24, 2003

  2. Neil Bradley

    yaaa6760 Guest