Looking for BIOS image

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by probeman6, Apr 12, 2010.

1. probeman6

probeman6

Hey there people I'm new here so forgive me for any mistakes... I have a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 Pro G motherboard with an Intel Celeron D processor. Somehow, the BIOS lost it's mind, and will no longer boot. During POST, it says, Searching for BIOS file in hard drive, and then Searching for BIOS image on Floppy. I have downloaded the latest BIOS file from the Gigabyte website, but I am trying to figure out how to get it loaded. Is there a flash utility that can be downloaded to a floppy that will load the file? I know about qflash, but my system won't even let me get into that to load the file. I believe the floppy disk needs to be formatted as a MS-DOS startup disk right? Then put the BIOS file on it... and then what? The motherboard won't recognize just the file itself on the floppy disk, so I'm thinking there has to be some sort of utility on there to load it. Help Please!! Thanks!!

probeman6, Apr 12, 2010
Ask a Question