Looking for comments on a CPU/MoBo/memory/video combo for a new XP system

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Al Dykes, Sep 18, 2008.

  1. Al Dykes

    Al Dykes Guest

    I'm looking to build a new system, the first one for years. It will
    run XP/Pro. Is there any downside to the following kit?

    CPU AMD Athlon X2 4450e 2.3GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 ($60)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103256

    MOBO BIOSTAR TForce TA780G M2+HP AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
    http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/t-series/content.php?S_ID=344

    MEMORY Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134793

    VIDEO EVGA 256-P2-N429-LR GeForce 7200GS 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130098

    With 3 SATA drives and a DVD burner, what wattage of a PSU do people
    recommend?

    I don't play games and have no need for 3D. The major video app this
    machine will run is Photoshop and things like Google Earth. based on
    my current machine and use, 1GB of memory (with XP) is plenty, for
    now. There are plenty of slots for more memory, later.

    Thanks,

    Al Dykes, Sep 18, 2008