    from 0.01 Hz up to 1kHz. 12 bit A/D is suffcient. Local data storage of
    1 Mega samples or more. Portable would be nice.

    I can PayPal $10 to the provider of info to the best system.

    Jim Burke, Jul 28, 2008

  2. Jim Burke

    Joerg Guest

    Check this out:
    http://www.impress-sensors.co.uk/srd-99_iss-1.pdf

    However, only 0.5MB and didn't see info on max rate but they've got
    others. If not they should be able to point you into the right direction.

    If you can use a laptop or PDA the 12-bit version of this one might be
    of interest:
    http://www.picotech.com/data-acquisition.html

    This is what I am using at my clients and sometimes here in the lab:
    http://www.labjack.com/labjack_u3.php?prodId=53

    Should I be the winner please donate the $10 to your church, hunger aid
    or local animal shelter.

    --
    Regards, Joerg

    http://www.analogconsultants.com/

    Use another domain or send PM.

    Joerg, Jul 28, 2008

  3. Jim Burke

    CBFalconer Guest

    Minor detail - what does it measure? Voltage? Peak or RMS?
    Frequency? Harmonic content? Something else? All of those?

    CBFalconer, Jul 29, 2008
  4. Jim,

    Have you looked at what DATAQ has to offer?
    http://www.dataq.com/

    Richard

    Richard Seriani, Jul 29, 2008
  5. Jim Burke

    larwe Guest

    I really really like this product <http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/
    product_info.php?products_id=752> - I used it to capture
    accelerometer, gyro and temperature data for development of an IMU and
    a related gesture-recognition system.

    Can capture a combination of analog, digital and/or serial data and
    store to an SD card of your choice.

    larwe, Jul 29, 2008
  6. Jim Burke

    Jim Burke Guest

    THanks to all who took the time to reply.

    Dataq's DI-71x series would work for this app.
    But Joerg's suggestion to use a LabJack U3 and a laptop wins because
    I happen to have both. Unfortunately my old U3
    doesn't support streaming mode, which is required to sample a 1000Hz
    signal. So I upgraded to their UE9 which supports streaming and is faster,
    has more precision and is more robust. The DB37 prototypying board makes
    it easy to integrate a filter and an op-amp.
    Sample C# streaming mode source code will save a few days work too.

    A $10 check will be sent to the Meriden Animal Shelter.
    http://www.zootoo.com/shelters/zip06450_meridenhumanesociety2

    Jim Burke, Jul 30, 2008
  7. Jim Burke

    Joerg Guest

    Great. Our U3's support streaming mode but nowadays we are mostly using
    them to drive SPI stuff.

    AFAIK there is sample code to use the Labjack via VBA from Excel, this
    could save some more time. Last time I used DAQFactory because you can
    almost click the stuff together (I am not a good programmer) but my
    clients usually do everything in C like you are plnning to do.

    Thanks!

    --
    Regards, Joerg (has a Rottie, and a Shepherd whom we rescued from the
    street)

    Joerg, Jul 31, 2008