  1. I'm building a new system with a Core 2 Duo (Conroe) CPU and am
    selecting the motherboard. One of the boards I'm looking at is the MSI
    P965 Neo-F. Does anyone have any comments on this board?

    Barry Watzman, Aug 16, 2006

  2. So far so good except for IDE CDROM support. Every Linux
    I've tried has failed to find the CDROM. XP and Vista
    install normally, but the CDROM is very slow and CPU intensive.
    A 16x Lite-on gets 0.85x max speed on the benchmark test.
    Nothing in the BIOS has corrected this problem. The board will
    likely have to be replaced.

    Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R, Sep 25, 2006