Looking for help regarding debugging embedded software with MON 960 GDB

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by ViP, Jul 26, 2005.

  1. ViP

    ViP Guest

    Hi All,

    I need immediate help regarding debugging Intel i960 Processor.
    0
    Configuration for My Embdedded system is :

    My embedded software is written on Intel i960 Processor.
    I have also disabled the WatchDog timer of the processor.

    Now I want to debug this software. So I am trying my hands on intel's
    MON960 and GDB960.

    It provides me two interface.

    1. Command line
    2. GUI interface

    |---------------------------
    |--------------------------
    |Embedded Software + MON960 |---------------------| Command Line
    INterface or|
    | | | gdb960V interace

    ------------------------------
    ----------------------------

    Initially, I got some success and able to debug my code but code that
    is debugged is in assembly language.

    But now I am stuck.

    So my problem is :

    1. Is there any other debugging mechanism for i960 Processor except
    this one ??
    2. If this is correct method then any other setting that I have to do
    so that I can see the actual code that is debugging not assembly
    instructions.

    Thanks

    Regards
    Vijay

    ViP, Jul 26, 2005

  2. ViP

    Paul Burke Guest

    ViP wrote:
    Is the compiler/linker set to include debug information in the output
    file(s)?

    Paul Burke

    Paul Burke, Jul 27, 2005

  3. ViP

    ViP Guest

    Yes debug Information is included when compiling the code....

    ViP, Jul 27, 2005