    refresh rate, for max $1200.

    Is 1280 x 1024 really the highest or it is just a "typical" and the
    real highest is much higher?

    KL234, Feb 25, 2004

  2. KL234

    Jim Sanders Guest

    20" is about the smallest flat panel that will do 1600x1200 natively.

    look at pricewatch www.pricewatch.com for prices. Cheapest is a planar for
    $1000 at
    MonitorsDirect.com

    Jim Sanders, Feb 25, 2004

  3. It's typical. FYI, Sharp has just announced a 1600x1200 20.1" LCD and is selling it for $1299. Ho bloody hum
    you might be thinking. The special attribute of this particular LCD is its ~16ms~ pixel refresh response
    time. 16ms for a 20" LCD!!! Wow... a 20" gaming LCD, ~and~ it comes in black. Just thought I'd mention it.

    http://www.sharpsystems.com/products/lcd_monitors/18-20_inch/ll-t2015/

    Tony.

    The Black Wibble, Feb 25, 2004
  4. KL234

    scott Guest

    I've had that one on my desk for over 6 months now, it's been around a
    while. And very good it is too :)

    scott, Feb 25, 2004
  5. KL234

    KBob Guest

    Viewsonic makes 20.1 or 20.3 inch monitors with 1600X1200. I use a
    VX2000 that is now a couple years old--great monitor for everything.
    You should be able to get a good price on these by looking around.

    KBob, Feb 25, 2004
  6. Yes... This is the LCD I would have bought instead of the current 17", had I known about it. I blame you for
    this, Scott.

    ;-)

    Tony.

    The Black Wibble, Feb 25, 2004
  7. KL234

    Talkin Horse Guest

    Talkin Horse, Feb 25, 2004
  8. KL234

    Dave Hau Guest

    I have this LCD and it's GREAT!! Crisp clear display in both VGA and DVI
    modes. The stand is much improved from the previous 2000fp model, and is
    very space-saving. This LCD also has 16ms response time and is great for
    gaming as well.

    Highly recommended. I got it for $750 + sales tax when it was first
    released.

    - Dave

    Dave Hau, Feb 26, 2004