    journey Guest

    Hi Irene, your post is very timely -- I came to this conclusion today
    when there were clearly one-sided comments.

    journey, Dec 2, 2006

  2. Von Fourche

    journey Guest

    I also should consider the context.

    Tom spends most of his life here. I bet he posts about 5,000 times in
    a year (conservative estimate) and has been doing that for at least a
    decade.

    I pop in when I have a problem or am buying a new computer. He's
    always here. When he's 85 looking back on his life, I wonder if he
    will have considered all the time he spends here a good use of his
    life.

    Dell should hire Tom to be the king of this newsgroup. At least then
    he would be a real Dellbot :)

    But alas, this is Usenet, and noone owns this space, no matter how
    much of his/her life energy is spent here.

    journey, Dec 2, 2006

  3. Von Fourche

    Notan Guest

    I think I can safely predict that if you continue to insult those who
    have helped you in the past, you'll find yourself alone in the future.

    Unless, of course, you consider Irene to be company.

    Notan

    Notan, Dec 2, 2006
  4. One more time, in English, please? ;)

    Sparky Spartacus, Dec 2, 2006
  5. Von Fourche

    WSZsr Guest

    I think Irene and Journey make a great couple. Neither contributes
    anything useful. I think they are jealous of the respect and thanks the
    regular contributors receive from those in need of help.

    WSZsr, Dec 2, 2006
  6. Von Fourche

    Ben Myers Guest

    "ilk" is proper English, derived from the earlier Old English, IIRC, and used
    oft by Shakespeare and his contemporaries. But the grammer is incorrect... Ben
    Myers

    Ben Myers, Dec 2, 2006
  7. Von Fourche

    Irene Guest

    Get serious, please. You guys worry about "incorrect grammar" in a Usenet
    group post and in this group, yet?

    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    BTW, you misspelled "grammer". Or are you referring to me as a "grammer".
    Actually, it would have to be "great grammer". >g<

    Irene, Dec 2, 2006
  8. Von Fourche

    Ben Myers Guest

    If the shoe fits, wear it, grammer... Ben

    Ben Myers, Dec 2, 2006
  9. Von Fourche

    Irene Guest

    Now, that is a "shoe" I will wear with pride.

    We became Great Grandparents two weeks ago.

    Irene, Dec 3, 2006
  10. Von Fourche

    Irene Guest

    Possibly Tom should have posted this to you? >g<

    Irene, Dec 3, 2006
  11. LOL, thanks, Ben. :)

    Sparky Spartacus, Dec 3, 2006
  12. Oh, man, I will not make use of this great setup, I will not make use of
    this great setup, I will not make use of this great setup, I will not
    make use of this great setup...

    Sparky Spartacus, Dec 3, 2006
  13. Von Fourche

    Ben Myers Guest

    This just goes to show you the value of a degree in English Literature.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Dec 3, 2006
  14. Von Fourche

    Irene Guest

    Perhaps, you missed the ">g<" at the end?

    But then, the "Dellbots" will ridicule anything or anyone, won't they? >g<

    Irene, Dec 4, 2006