    run on low speed (~100khz). I have found several memories but all of the
    are surface mount models, and I need a DIP8. Small quantity order. An
    ideas? Thanks!

    senseitg, Aug 18, 2006

  2. senseitg

    Donald Guest

    The cell phone componies drive the packaging anymore.

    Finding a DIP8 solution at the higher densities is impossible.
    ( I for one have tried )

    If you can find what you need in SMT8, this is good. A simple adapter
    will get you running in no time.

    http://cimarrontechnology.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=12

    Yes, I know its almost the cost of the SMT8, but when do you want to get
    your project done ?

    Google found lots of hits, maybe some other vendor is cheaper.
    Or if you quanties are large enough, build your own.

    Good luck

    Donald, Aug 18, 2006

  3. senseitg

    kevinjwhite Guest

    I find that it is very easy to solder SO-8 or MSOP-8 ICs onto the top
    of DIP-8 socket with machine pins. This will then plug into a DIP-8
    socket or breadboard, punchboard etc. It is necessary to use a machine
    pin contact type socket as the edge wipe sockets will not plug into
    another socket.

    kevin

    kevinjwhite, Aug 18, 2006
  4. senseitg

    senseitg Guest

    Thanks for the confirmation on that.
    This is what i've been doing in the past, guess i'll have to stick t
    that. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

    senseitg, Aug 20, 2006
  5. senseitg

    James Beck Guest

    Look at the 24C1024 IC's.
    You will need 2 of 'em, but they are available in 8 pin DIP and it is
    pretty easy to write your code to treat 2 of them as a contiguous chunk
    of EEPROM.

    Jim

    James Beck, Aug 21, 2006
  6. Might be easier to just solder a SO device onto a DIP header board, especially if qty is small.

    Mike Harrison, Aug 21, 2006
  7. senseitg

    James Beck Guest

    Might be ;)