    Regards,
    Robert A. Reissaus

    , Mar 22, 2007

  2. Guest Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > He guys.
    > The bios I am looking for updates the onboard promise raid to enable
    > it to deal with discs > 137GB. If anyone happens to have an archived
    > version? I wold be very gratefull indeed. MSI is looking for me as
    > well but thinks it is going to be a problem. Have already tried
    > google, but no result.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Robert A. Reissaus

    Hello Robert.

    Replying to your post as I too have a MS-6321 (694D Pro2 with no onboard
    sound). I am experiencing problems installing XP. All is fine when
    installing XP but when it loads for the first time it continually crashes,
    never reaching the desktop. I loaded Win2k on it and that was fine until I
    loaded the Via chipset drivers from MSI's website, then it too refused to
    load into windows!

    I have 2 x 512Mb reg ecc ram fitted plus an MSI GF4 Ti4600, a Creative live!
    5.1 soundcard, a LAN/NIC/Ethernet card and ONE PIII 866. All powered by a
    370W psu.

    Could It be the single CPU giving me problems? I have sourced a pair of
    PIII 933's to try out.

    With regards to the bios, is there a way to turn the RAID off on this board?
    I was using a single 160Gb on the IDE1 channel - bios recognised it as 136,
    have now fitted an older 40Gb. Using the 5.2 bios btw.

    Any help with this from anyone much appreciated.

    Chri$

    Guest, Mar 31, 2007