looking for small single board computer

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Mouarf, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. Mouarf

    Mouarf Guest

    hello all,

    I'm looking for a small size single board computer with following spec, you
    may be able help me to find some, I found plenty of them but I'm not willing
    to try to ask for prices for each....

    - processor: any architecture that runs Linux, I'll see later the required
    speed, 200MHz should be largely enough
    - RAM onboard, size: ?, maybe 32-64MB
    - FLASH or equivalent storage to store an embedded Linux that is then
    decompressed into RAM and then run from RAM (maybe with a ready to use Linux
    distribution on it)
    - PCI Master controller to be connected to my custom PCI target boards.
    - 1 Ethernet interface with or without magnetics
    - 1 or 2 serial interface not necessarily RS232, can be TTL, LVTTL or
    whatever, just for debug purpose
    - some GPIOs to controll a touch screen display (touch screen + display
    interface), maybe around 20 pins
    - form factor: small! DIMM modules look interesting to me because they are
    flat, but can be equivalent size (except PC104+).
    - power consumption: not necessarily low power
    - mandatory: USB slave or host, compact flash interface
    - I don't need audio or graphic controller

    I've already made a design around a low power Geode-based PC104+ SBC (~500?
    for very low volumes) but the completely new project key feature is the
    price rather than performance (around 200? or even less).

    Someone has any idea?

    Best regards

    Mouarf, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Mouarf

    Jan Coombs Guest

    Luc The Perverse wrote:
    which one?

    picotux has 2MB flash, 8MB ram probably all 16b bus. 4MB Flash promised.
    Supplied system (.elf) images are 647k, 830k & 1.39M

    UNC20 2MB or 8MB of 16b wide Flash, 16MB sdram on 32b bus.
    Same digi/NetSilicon processor, so maybe same image sizes.

    Jan Coombs

    Jan Coombs, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Probably not. The LGPL allows binary only, proprietary
    libraries to be shipped with GPL software.

    Ian

    Donna and Ian, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Mouarf

    Ian Bell Guest

    probably yes - if the library is LGPL then distribution of the binary is
    allowed.

    Ian

    Ian Bell, Aug 5, 2005
  5. But the LGPL allows proprietary binaries that may
    be in protected ROM. No clone could be made.

    Ian

    Donna and Ian, Aug 6, 2005
  6. I'm not sure of this. I'd write to the FSF
    for the answer.

    Donna and Ian, Aug 6, 2005

  7. He is right.

    Linux kernal could be used and then a set of completely proprietary
    drivers.

    Luc The Perverse, Aug 7, 2005