    used these boards with older p4 processors...?

    thanks for any replies!

    Kris

    KCA, Sep 27, 2005

  2. KCA

    John Lewis Guest

    I have a ECS 848P-A V2.0 MB working just fine with a 1.9/100MHz FSB
    Willamette. The 848 is the single channel memory version of the 845
    chip-set, so don't expect dual-channel memory performance. However,
    this particular board and BIOS will work fine for all
    Willamette/Northwood/Prescott. Not expensive MB. The usual give-away
    at Fry's in a boxed-Prescott/motherboard combo deal. I bought the
    combo deal for $50 less that the very best boxed-processor price
    (3.2GHz Prescott) at that time !! I used the Prescott in a IC7-G and
    built up a system using the Willamette 1.9 (spare from another
    upgrade) and ECS MB for one of my sons. Both he and I were very
    pleased with this particular Fry's deal...

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Sep 28, 2005